Thursday, December 1, 2011

X Factor -- Michael Jackson Night

Michael Jackson's kids creep me out. I'm very disturbed by the fact that Paris is a cute girl. Blanket freaks me out, he looks like a child raised in the jungle and rescued and then raised by a freaky white guy with a jeri curl.

Vneck does Dirty Diana, a personal fave. I didn't like the arrangement, I like the sparseness of the instrumentation of the original, really showcases Michael Jackson's voice. This was fine, and then he played the guitar and I was blown away. Nice work.

Brian Bradley -- it's getting old. He raps too fast for my taste. Predictable song choice. I think Simon said Black or White is one of the best pop songs of all time? Um, what? I can name 10 songs just by MJ that I like better. Plus, I can't believe no one is singing the Free Willy song tonight by the way, that's a singing contest staple.

Drew -- I've heard this one before, it was David Cook. Boring.

Rachel - Some song I don't know. Poor song choice, could hurt her. Come on, MJ songs were made for 13 year old girls! Any Jackson 5 song would have worked.

Marcus -- PYT, that's a great song! He did sound a little weird, but that dude is a showman.

Trashman Addict -- I guess that was OK. I couldn't stop looking at his letter jacket, which was bedazzled.

Melanie -- This contest is over. She looked great, she sounded even better. That song sucked and she was still awesome. Winner winner chicken dinner.

The two that should go home are Asstro and I guess Trashman or Drew, I'll go with Drew.

Results show -- British rappers are hilarious. I got to freestyle about fish and chips and gov'nahs and pubs while waiting for him to actually rap. Then I rapped "Girls" by the Beastie Boys with a British accent, the wife loved it (I think). I think I was pretty good, wink wink, nudge, nudge, eh guvnah?

And Asstro is gone! Thank the Lord. Did you notice that LA is the same height as a 12 year old boy?

It's down to Marcus vs. Drew. Doesn't really matter to me. Drew is Carly Simon's daughter, I'm pretty sure. Carly Jr. sings some Roxette, a personal favorite of mine (I really like Swedish duos). She depresses my wife. She hits weird notes, maybe would sound better if she had a bleach blonde spike like the Roxette chick. Now for Marcus--he's pleading for sympathy to start out with, then he goes into some R&B song I can't tell what it is. He's way better than Drew. Period.

The judges destroy the hopes of a little girl. See you next week for another smashing of someone's dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment