Monday, September 19, 2011

Three Shows, Three Opinions

This fall, the Sing-Off and the X Factor will be on the tube, and of course American Idol's tired act will come back in the spring. I'm going to try to comment on all three via this blog.

Why a blog? Well, I tried Facebook and thought it was stupid because I don't care about every little detail about people I barely know anyway. This way, in theory, the discussion should only be around these shows, the singers, and the songs.

Why do I think anyone cares about my opinions? I don't know if they do, but in my experience, I'm always right about assessing musical talent, so why not share this gift with the world?

Will I be completely honest? Probably, although I might play up certain characteristics of people just to have something to say--a lot of these contestants are boring so you've got to dress it up somehow. Don't take anything too personally or literally.

This experiment may not last, and I may not watch every show the same night it's on, but we'll give it a go. Maybe someday I'll get that call from one of these shows that they love my blog and want me to be a judge. Me, Stephen Tyler, and Randy Jackson, seems like it would work. Although my hair is not versatile enough to have a different hairdo every week. Also I don't think TV people like acne scars. So two strikes against me.

Please, share your comments and opinions and let me know when you agree and when you disagree, so that I can tell you that your opinion is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment